Thursday, January 15, 2009

Linda Stegall



After many years of making clothing and home accessories, Linda’s quilting history began about twenty years ago with a baby quilt for a niece and rapidly progressed to classes in traditional quilt making and then to art quilts and fabric manipulation. Painting, printing and dyeing fabrics for her quilts are her latest passion. This passion is part of her daily life and is her way of expressing feelings about life, politics and ecology.

Linda has received awards and many blue ribbons from quilt and art shows, including Pennsylvania National Quilt Extravaganza 2007, where she received an award for Best Use of Color in the innovative category. She is a member of SAQA and several local quilting and art associations.

E-MAIL: lindastegall@bellsouth.net


Losing Serengeti (2007) 30" x 37-1/2"


Pottery I (2007) 22-1/2" x 30-1/2"


Safe Harbor (2008) 40" x 38"


Where Have All the Green Trees Gone? (2006) 50" x 58"


Whirlwinds (2008) 17" x 38-1/2"


Fractured Flowers (2006) 40" x 40"

1 comment:

  1. Hi Linda,
    I met you last year at Don and Diane's and was able to see your Safe Harbor quilt. I am soooo impressed with your work and it was such a pleasure to meet you!
    Someone at work went on your sight and wanted to know if you sell your quilts.
    Hopefully I will see you again soon. I would like to show you my sewing workroom. It is a passion of mine also. Sometimes I am sorry that I made a business out of it. I missed making just FUN STUFF.
    You are truly talented Linda.

    ReplyDelete