Monday, August 3, 2009

Post from Nancy

Thought it would be fun to share progress on my two latest pieces. I Have been working hard to get ready for 2 shows, details will come later. One opens in Davidson, NC next Thursday. One opens in Chapel Hill, NC Sunday Labor Day Weekend.

The first piece is Late Summer Dawn, featuring the wonderful crepe myrtle seed pods. Here are the threads initially pulled for quilting and a detail of the piece.


Aren’t the seed pods wonderful and equally as interesting as their fluffy flowers (flowers not shown)?



The next piece is of a little evergreen ground cover found at our local shopping center. As best I can figure it, it is a form of juniper. The bluish forms are not berries, but a young form of a seed cone. Seeds and fruit forms are endlessly fascinating to me and are continuing to feed my creativity. If anyone recognizes the genus, please let me know. Enjoy!


Do you like the un-quilted forms in the background? Let me know what you think, please.

Nancy

1 comment:

  1. Love the color you chose for the crepe myrtle seed pods, Nancy... and I rather like the unquilted areas on the juniper piece. I'll look forward to seeing them in person.

    ReplyDelete