Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Susan’s work featured in SAQA ad


I got word last night that my work Red Coleus is featured in an advertisement for the SAQA Auction! SAQA, or Studio Art Quilt Associates, is a group of fiber artists, and this auction of several hundred small art quilts donated by its members brings in a lot of money each year. The money raised goes towards SAQA’s exhibtions, education, and outreach programs.

The ad will run in Fiberarts, Surface Design Journal, Selvedge, and American Craft magazines. Here is the whole piece:


If you are a fiber artist and don’t know about SAQA, you should! SAQA offers so many things for fiber artists who are serious about their art. There are great professional development opportunities, including conferences and programs, exhibitions, online galleries, and publications. You can join as an active member, professional artist member, or as a student member.

– Susan Brubaker Knapp

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Congratulations Susan, that is terrific. The piece is great and I get the chance to say that I saw it in the making!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Debbie. Yep, this is the piece I was working on during our artists' demonstrations at Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens. I kept getting interrupted (in a good way, by people who had questions about the exhibition) and as I remember, I was not pleased with the section I had worked on, and painted over some of it once I got home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, congratulations. The use of your piece is well deserved. It really stands out on the SAQA website. Nancy

    ReplyDelete